Thread: Tablet OS question

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Tablet OS question

Does anyone know if the web browser is mobile based or desktop based? I have a Transformer Prime and my biggest complaint with it is the lack of a desktop based browser. I especially hate Google Drive on mobile. Is there any word on if we can install the desktop versions of some applications (i.e. Chrome) in the new tablet os or will it just be mobile apps?
    Repeat after me: I Am Free

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Tablet OS question

http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/20/u...view-hands-on/
    The last part of the video shows about 45 sec where the possibility of desktop ARM apps on tablets is discussed.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Tablet OS question

Think about this statement

Unique convergence across all four form factors: a phone can provide tablet, TV and PC interfaces when docked to the appropriate screen / keyboard / remote
    What kind of a PC experience would we get if we plugged a Ubuntu touch device into a hub connected to a PC monitor all the only applications we had access to were phone apps?

What we see being showcased is a combination of the development work on Ubuntu Phone and Ubuntu for Android.

Ubuntu for Android is a complete desktop with a full range of desktop applications including office, web browsing, email, media and messaging. Personal information like contacts, calendars, photo galleries and music can be accessed from both the phone and the desktop interface.
    http://www.ubuntu.com/devices/android

On high end silicon, Ubuntu offers a full PC experience when the tablet is docked to a keyboard
    Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530