Thread: 12.04.2 .Xauthority login after reboot issues

Beans

12.04.2 .Xauthority login after reboot issues

Hi,

After upgrading to 12.04.2 LTS I had the famous login issue with the dark screen showing for a split second, then going back to lightdm.
    I found out I could remove ~/.Xauthority or chown/chgrp .Xauthority to my username and group to make everything work again, having to use one of the tty s to do so.
    However, the issue is that I have to do this at every boot to be able to log in.
    I've got an encrypted home folder which is decrypted as I log in.

I had a search first, but couldn't find a solution to my particular variant of this problem.

Thanks,
    Nezhac

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: 12.04.2 .Xauthority login after reboot issues

Do you have some GUI program launching with root privileges either from a cron job, or from one of your start scripts (e.g. /etc/rc.local)?

Beans

Re: 12.04.2 .Xauthority login after reboot issues

Hmm,
    You mean something that would be prefaced with sudo/gksu or need root permissions?
    Nothing in crontab or rc.local.
    I'm using awesome instead of unity. Lightdm automatically detected it as a session and so I have awesome launching a few things when I log in, but non of them need root AFAIK.

here's a list of what's started by awesome in case:
    [dropbox,nm-applet,caffeine,redshift,xcompmgr,synapse,conky,in idicator-multiload,xfce4-volumed,xscreensaver,pcmanfm,touchegg]