Thread: Display + Libre

Hybrid View

Beans

Display + Libre

Hi everyone,

I had a couple of questions regarding multiple displays, Libre Impress, and xubuntu.

I am trying to use Libre Impress for church. I used to use ProPresenter on a Macbook, but am trying to use an open source software that will run on multiple OSes. I thought LibreOffice would be a good fit.

#1 I'm having a hard time with the Display settings. I'm trying to not use a mirrored desktop so that what is displayed on the projector/external monitor is different from my laptop monitor. I need this so that I can display lyrics or images even when I have to type or do other necessary technical things during service.

#2 Is there a way to effectively organize slides on Impress?

#3 I've never been able to do this with PowerPoint either: How do I set up the presentation slides so that my laptop is displaying the "set up" view where I can see the next slides, time, and other information while the external is displaying the actual slides only?

#4 Are there other software that is better than Impress for this purpose? I did really like ProPresenter, but I don't plan on supporting a $450 software.

Thanks guys.

Beans

Re: Display + Libre

BUMP.

Nothing?