Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Very impressed

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Very impressed

Yes I use the same PPA and have Cinnamon 1.6.7 on my computer. I don't want to bash Unity because I know many like it but I am much more comfortable with Cinnamon
    MB: Asrock Extreme4-M CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @3.50GHz Memory: Corsair Low Profile Vengeance 16.00 GB. GC On CPU HD4000 Platform: x86_64 Distribution:

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Yes, you can install cinnamon desktop in ubuntu using the ppa and you will be offered a separate "cinnamon session" you can get into upon log in (from the "cog wheel" that has a drop down menu)...

Also, you can install Cairo Dock from ubuntu software center, and select "Cairo Dock Session" from that same ubuntu log in screen...
    on those sessions, you do not get the unity dock bar...

I've done them both...though in my case, i decided to stick with the default unity desktop for myself...i didn't think i'd like it at first, but it really grows on you after awhile, and now i like it a lot...

Beans
    Hidden!

I appreciate the input here. No doubt the DE has a lot to do with how we like/dislike a particular distro, maybe more than any other single factor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12