Thread: Slight mouse "jittering/lag"

Beans

Slight mouse "jittering/lag"

Hello, after installing Xubuntu 12.10 I've been getting a little mouse jittery-ness. It's not so bad but I'd prefer to have nice smooth mouse movement like I did with Windows. I also had this issue with Linux Mint.

Specifications:

Intel Core i5-2450M
    15.6' HD 200 CSV LD
    4GB DDR3 (1333MHz)
    640GB SATA (5400rpm)10/100Mbps LAN
    WLAN (Realtek 802.11b/g/n)
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6625M

Unfortunately Toshiba doesn't say anything about the touchpad.

Here's the link to the Toshiba site with the drivers and other things: http://www.mytoshiba.com.au/support/...0n010/download

(Sorry if linking other sites isn't allowed! If it's not allowed I'll edit the link out. I didn't see anything in the rules/code of conduct about linking other websites not being allowed but I'm not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to reading large amounts of text)

I've already tried installing the 12.3 beta drivers from ATI's site too. Of course, that didn't fix my mouse issue but I thought it might be worth a shot.

Edit: It seems I forgot to add something. I've already updated everything the update manager (or whatever it's called) wanted me to.
    Last edited by BASEDTASKFORCE; February 22nd, 2013 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Typo

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Slight mouse "jittering/lag"

I use a cordless mouse and periodically this happens to me. Turns out that it appears to be an indication that the batteries are getting low and need to be replaced regardless of what the indicators say. At least when I replace the batteries the mouse is rock solid again. I don't know if this will apply to you, but for what it may be worth . . . .

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by agillator View Post
    I use a cordless mouse and periodically this happens to me. Turns out that it appears to be an indication that the batteries are getting low and need to be replaced regardless of what the indicators say. At least when I replace the batteries the mouse is rock solid again. I don't know if this will apply to you, but for what it may be worth . . . .
    No, my laptop is only a few months old and I'm 100% sure the battery isn't dying. If you're talking about the mouse.. Well, trackpads on laptops don't need batteries..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by BASEDTASKFORCE View Post
    No, my laptop is only a few months old and I'm 100% sure the battery isn't dying. If you're talking about the mouse.. Well, trackpads on laptops don't need batteries..
    No, you are talking about a "mouse".

If you are actually talking about pointer jitter on the touchpad then that is not a mouse.
    Regards, David.
    Please use the Forum search and Wiki search for immediate help
    Please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate
    New to technical forums?: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dcstar View Post
    No, you are talking about a "mouse".

If you are actually talking about pointer jitter on the touchpad then that is not a mouse.
    Thank you for correcting me on something incredibly silly and contributing literally nothing to the thread