Thread: top shows hi cpu load averages

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

top shows hi cpu load averages

I installed a program from Linux Poison's 'blog about:

Tool to move the web browser profile to RAM - Profile-sync-daemon

It moves the web browser profile into RAM. This should speed things up a bit. I use Chrome (browser).

After installing this, 'top' is showing crazy cpu load averages. I have a quad-core cpu and usually don't see higher than 1's on average.

More importantly, the hard drive is every so often, spinning like crazy and it's at that time, that I have the following 'top' screenshot. Please see attached and then may I have some help in determining what the cause of this is, in order to either change parameters or remove the cause of this problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    AMD Athlon II X4 620, 4gig ddr2-800, m/b MSI K9N6PGM2, 1T SATA, EVGA 9500GT, Brother MFC-240C prntr, LG DVD-rom GSA-H55N

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: top shows hi cpu load averages

I am temporarily marking this thread as 'solved'. I believe that the MythTV backend server is the cause of the problem. The various processes and modules started using so much system resources, mostly disk drive reads/writes that the mouse cursor vanished for periods of time.

Useful to know:

sudo stop pid=1689 (the 1689 is my MythTV backend process ID number or pid number).
    AMD Athlon II X4 620, 4gig ddr2-800, m/b MSI K9N6PGM2, 1T SATA, EVGA 9500GT, Brother MFC-240C prntr, LG DVD-rom GSA-H55N