Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No option for full screen in Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: No option for full screen in Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonkey1966 View Post
    How do i Instal that ubuntu-restricted-extras??
    It should be in the software centre. I don't have a 12.04 or 12.10 install yet, but it was in there on 11.10. You may have to go to the package sources and tick the box for "universe" and "multiverse" before it will show up.
    Michael

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by audiomick View Post
    It should be in the software centre. I don't have a 12.04 or 12.10 install yet, but it was in there on 11.10. You may have to go to the package sources and tick the box for "universe" and "multiverse" before it will show up.
    Thanks Mick, i installed ubuntu-restricted-extras but nothing has changed.

Still no full screen...

Beans
    Distro

I found this on a page while looking everywhere to find the solution to the full screen problem.

Web browsers, including the default Firefox browser in Ubuntu, often have problems calling the proper library to view Flash in fullscreen mode. To fix this problem, load the library before loading the browser. In your Preferences menu, select "Internet." Choose your browser and select "Preferences." In the Command field, you will see the command that Ubuntu uses to launch your browser. Before that command, add "env LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libGL.so.1." Close the Preferences menu and try Flash in fullscreen mode again.
    Is that worth trying in 12.04...if so how do i do it ?

(though, there is so much written in the various forums about full screen not working, i dont think there is an answer at the moment )

Beans
    Distro

Just for interest i went through a few other flash games on Facebook.

The one i play with my sister Farmville 2 is th eonly one i can find that will not play in full screen in Ubuntu. All others seems to be fine.

I am wondering if it is because the game is sort of 3D though as i say it is fine in Windows XP.

Maybe this is something to do with not using Unity......

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

If you have just now installed the ubuntu-restricted-extras package, then I don't think you have even had Flash installed; and may not even be using it now:

I think Ubuntu may come with "Gnash" (or nothing at all) which aims to provide some of the functionality that the (proper) Flash plugin would give you. You will NOT, however, get the same experience as with the real Flash player. I don't think this is a driver issue or anything remotely that complicated. I think you just need to use the Flash plugin and not the unofficial, semi-complete work-a-like. In Firefox, click Tools -> Add-ons, then click Plugins on the left of the Add-ons Manager tab. You should see "Shockwave Flash" listed and version 11.2 or so (as of this writing). Make sure it isn't disabled. Re-install ubuntu-restricted-extras if you have to; either through the Software Centre or via a command in a terminal:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install ubuntu-restricted-extras
    A "package" is simply the installation file(s) for an application. When you download a Windows program, and it is called "setup.exe" or setup.msi" that is the equivalent to a package in Ubuntu for the most part. A terrific advantage Ubuntu has over Windows is that there are thousands of packages available from one source: The Ubuntu Software Centre. In Windows you have to go to different sites and get different "setup.exe" or other installation media and install them all manually and separately. In Ubuntu you simply choose applications you want from the Software Centre and click "Install".
    --
    uc50_ic4more

Beans
    Distro

Hi uc50_ic4more

This is my conclusion after another day of trying to sort this.

Flash is installed as when i right click in any Flash game, it shows me about Adobe Flash player etc.... APART from this one game that WONT go full screen. I can not even right click in the game. Interesting that this is written under the game.

You are playing FarmVille 2 without graphics acceleration. Some of the graphics are not as sharp as they could be and the game may run slower. Want better graphics? Make sure you have the latest version of flash Having trouble seeing FarmVille 2?
    Please update your flash player by clicking HERE.