Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No option for full screen in Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

No option for full screen in Ubuntu

I have Ubuntu & Windows XP Dual booting.

When in XP, i can play any flash games in Facebook, and i get a box to play in full screen if i wish.

Sadly, when using Ubuntu, i don’t get this option, so i am stuck in normal screen size.

I am guessing this is a flash player or driver issue.

If so is there anything i can do to get it working in Ubuntu ???

Many Thanks for any help

Beans

Re: No option for full screen in Ubuntu

To see if its a video driver issue, open a terminal, enter "lspci" (without the quotes) and look for the line containing "VGA" -- that will list out the make and model video chipset you're using.

Post that information back here.
    Ubuntu 14.04, Mint 17; MS Win 8.1.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Phelps View Post
    To see if its a video driver issue, open a terminal, enter "lspci" (without the quotes) and look for the line containing "VGA" -- that will list out the make and model video chipset you're using.

Post that information back here.
    Thanks for the quick reply Mark. I done what you said and just have the one line with VGA on it. Hope this helps

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82G33/G31 Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 10)

Beans
    Distro

Just to add , it only seems certain Flash games as well , if that's any help. Some will go into full screen ??

Beans
    Distro

I have searched on Google for

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82G33/G31 Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 10)

and this seems to be a problem...but i cant seem to find an answer......

Beans

Intel video drivers are installed by default -- and are supposed to work without problems.

You could try going to the link below and seeing if there is any newer version of the driver:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...17045&lang=eng
    Ubuntu 14.04, Mint 17; MS Win 8.1.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Phelps View Post
    Intel video drivers are installed by default -- and are supposed to work without problems.

You could try going to the link below and seeing if there is any newer version of the driver:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...17045&lang=eng
    hmmmm that seems to only deal with Wifi drivers...unless i am missing something.

Beans
    Distro

I kept searching and found some more on the subject. When i followed this i still dont get full screen in some games in Ubuntu, but now i get an error when Update Manager is trying to install one particular thing (attached)

The installation or removal of a software package failed.
    installArchives() failed: (Reading database ... (Reading database ... 5%% (Reading database ... 10%% (Reading database ... 15%% (Reading database ... 20%% (Reading database ... 25%% (Reading database ... 30%% (Reading database ... 35%% (Reading database ... 40%% (Reading database ... 45%% (Reading database ... 50%% (Reading database ... 55%% (Reading database ... 60%% (Reading database ... 65%% (Reading database ... 70%% (Reading database ... 75%% (Reading database ... 80%% (Reading database ... 85%% (Reading database ... 90%% (Reading database ... 95%% (Reading database ... 100%% (Reading database ... 224696 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to replace libdrm-nouveau1a 2.4.39-0ubuntu1 (using .../libdrm-nouveau1a_2.4.42~precise~ppa1_i386.deb) ...
    Unpacking replacement libdrm-nouveau1a ...
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libdrm-nouveau1a_2.4.42~precise~ppa1_i386.deb (--unpack):
    trying to overwrite '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libdrm_nouveau.so.2.0.0', which is also in package libdrm-nouveau2 2.4.39-0ubuntu1
    No apport report written because MaxReports is reached already
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    /var/cache/apt/archives/libdrm-nouveau1a_2.4.42~precise~ppa1_i386.deb
    Error in function:

Guess i am going to have to stick with XP for games.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

regarding this

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonkey1966 View Post
    Preparing to replace libdrm-nouveau1a 2.4.39-0ubuntu1 (using .../libdrm-nouveau1a_2.4.42~precise~ppa1_i386.deb) ...
    Unpacking replacement libdrm-nouveau1a ...
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libdrm-nouveau1a_2.4.42~precise~ppa1_i386.deb (--unpack):
    trying to overwrite '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libdrm_nouveau.so.2.0.0', which is also in package libdrm-nouveau2 2.4.39-0ubuntu1
    No apport report written because MaxReports is reached already
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    /var/cache/apt/archives/libdrm-nouveau1a_2.4.42~precise~ppa1_i386.deb
    Error in function:

Guess i am going to have to stick with XP for games.....
    Look very carefully at the ouput you posted here
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...42&postcount=5

I reckon that package went through when you did the apt-get upgrade there.

Edit: I can only agree with what Mark Phelps said: Intel graphics shouldn't be giving you any trouble. I don't really know, but I suspect your problem is more likely flash related.

Have you got the ubuntu-restricted-extras installed? That includes the installer for the adobe flash plugin for firefox. That might work better, if you haven't already got it.

This is only a guess, mind you. I don't play games, and am not a facebook user, so I can't check to see if the games there work for me.
    Last edited by audiomick; February 25th, 2013 at 05:03 PM.
    Michael

Beans
    Distro

Hi again Mick

I am lost when it comes to these package things. I understand drivers etc....which is why i can not understand why on a dual boot pc, i get full screen on XP, but not on Ubuntu.

It gives me full screen in some things, but not others. i am thinking it may have something to do with Flash Player maybe.

I guess my graphics card and monitor must be ok as they work fine on XP, BUT i am so trying to get off of using Windows (any version, but XP is the best), but i do like my games to relax.

How do i Instal that ubuntu-restricted-extras??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast