Thread: Using Office 2010 on 64 bit wine

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Using Office 2010 on 64 bit wine

Hello everyone,

I have a few things which I need to do which require me to use Microsoft word, and have been having a bit of trouble getting activation working with Wine.

I have followed this guide to get to where I am so far: http://craigacgomez.blogspot.com/201...e-2010-in.html

Right now I have it running just fine, however I know that it is going to freak out very soon as it is not activated, and I have been unable to get it to activate it so far with my valid key, each time it throws an error saying "Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 configuration did not complete successfully."

I am running wine-1.5.24 and Ubuntu 12.10 x64. Has anyone had any luck so far getting this to activate? It is really frustrating because everything else is working perfectly!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Using Office 2010 on 64 bit wine

I have had no problems, however I am using Cross Over instead of wine. You can do a free trial of it to see if it would work for you too.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by csillva View Post
    I have had no problems, however I am using Cross Over instead of wine. You can do a free trial of it to see if it would work for you too.
    Thanks for this suggestion, I was sort of holding out on taking this route as it seems to be working so well with the exception of activation, if it gets to the point where I can't figure out the problem before it goes and deactivates itself I might have to take this route though. Thank you for suggesting this though!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlefire View Post
    ... I have been unable to get it to activate it so far with my valid key, each time it throws an error saying "Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 configuration did not complete successfully."
    I notice you're trying to run this in Wine. So, do you already have this same copy activated in a native Windows installation?

Asking because it may be failing when you're trying activate it a second time -- in Wine.
    Ubuntu 20.04, Mint 19.10; MS Win10 Pro.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Phelps View Post
    I notice you're trying to run this in Wine. So, do you already have this same copy activated in a native Windows installation?

Asking because it may be failing when you're trying activate it a second time -- in Wine.
    No this version has not been activated in Windows, I am running 2 different version of office in this case.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlefire View Post
    No this version has not been activated in Windows, I am running 2 different version of office in this case.
    Hi sizzlefire,

Hopefully you already have got a solution.

In case of not resolve yet, the following worked for me:

I'm running Ubuntu 13.04 64bit.
    Installation using PlayOnLinux provided by Ubuntu Software Center, Office 2010 Home and Student edition (the cheapest licence ) is running well including activation using valid product key.

Note: installation using POL, no need to set the library, everything is provided by POL.

Best regards.