Thread: Ubuntu 12.04 Frequent GRUB error after reboot

Beans

Red face Ubuntu 12.04 Frequent GRUB error after reboot

been running Ubuntu nearly in all our household and everything seems to be running smoothly. My sister loves it. My parents loves it. However, for some reason whenever they reboot (restart - or when my dad uses it and shut it down then my mom wants to use it next after an hour or so) the computer seem to have some GRUB error, I tried using USB boot but that didnt work. I already update their grubloaders. here's the strange part. after maybe 5 hours of rest (of the computer) it work perfectly normal. it whenever it get shut down and reboot that it doesnt work. i have notice that it maybe some sort of heating problem since the computer is very hot when ever it occurs. anyway i can prevent this from happening? so far they are fine with it. but its kind of a hassle when it doesnt work properly.

the computer in question is:
    DELL XPS ONE A2010

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: Ubuntu 12.04 Frequent GRUB error after reboot

FenrirXIII;

Your post is certainly indicative of the unit overheating. In these cirumstance a good internal cleaning is warranted. However the DELL XPS ONE A2010 looks to be a all-in-one unit, May prove to be a challenge to remove the covers in order to blow it out (if you do -blow it out- endure that the cooling fans are stabilized to prevent damage).
    Google on your unit may produce instructions to do so.

I have not done so, so this is the extent of my advise.

just my opinion

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 12.04 Frequent GRUB error after reboot

Quote Originally Posted by Bashing-om View Post
    FenrirXIII;

Your post is certainly indicative of the unit overheating. In these cirumstance a good internal cleaning is warranted. However the DELL XPS ONE A2010 looks to be a all-in-one unit, May prove to be a challenge to remove the covers in order to blow it out (if you do -blow it out- endure that the cooling fans are stabilized to prevent damage).
    Google on your unit may produce instructions to do so.

I have not done so, so this is the extent of my advise.
    just my opinion
    thanks for the reply. at the moment, i have no idea on how to take it apart... but at least my conclusion weren’t far-fetched as i thought.