Thread: Vaio Intel/Radeon Graphics Installation Help

Beans

Angry Vaio Intel/Radeon Graphics Installation Help

Hi there,
    My System config is Sony Vaio VPC26FG with
    Intel i5 2nd generation and Radion HD 6400M/7400M Series running on Ubuntu 12.10. I have tried various ways of installing graphic drivers for my system have been unsuccessful in every attempt. Some of the ways I tried are:-

1. Installing AMD 13.1 drivers as recommended by belorios here.

Result : Ended up having low resolution screen error and eventually losing Unity.

2. GUI Method

Result : Ended up having to lose unity again.

However I got back my unity by removing Catalyst/fglrx by following this guide but now I am unable to select anything in the additional drivers tab under the software sources and all it displays is continue a manually installed driver (look at the attached thumbnails) .

My system gets extremely overheated and could literally fry an egg using it and also the fan runs all the time that drives me crazy. I don't know what to do now, I would really appreciate if some one could help me out by providing a step by step guide on installing both Intel and AMD drivers on my system and having the option to switch between the two as and when required.

I am quite a noob regarding linux as of now so I eventually just copy paste things on terminal without understanding the logic behind it.
    Attached Images Attached Images