Thread: Blackview or GoPro software

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

Blackview or GoPro software

I'm thinking of buying one (or both in time) and wondered if anyone knows if the software can be fettled to work under WINE or CrossOver ?

Blackview DR500GW

GoPro

Beans

Re: Blackview or GoPro software

The Gopro works well without its dedicated software. Even FW update can be done via SD card only. So the proprietary Cineform SW is not necessary.

That said, there's one shortcoming, sort of. GoPro now has Protune, a log-distributed encoding, sort of like RAW for photo cams. It's still viewable directly in Linux, but washed out. Cineform can correct it to a decent look automatically, whereas the real strength of the format lies in its flexibility for manual color correction. It's mainly targeted at pros, but ho doesen't want to use pro features

Long story short, if you want to shoot in Protune, no auto correction. You'll have to do it manually -- but that's what Protune was made for in the first instance...

But I'm planning to get to it with Kdenlive one of these days and hope to come up with a parameter-set that should allow for sort-of-automatic correction. We'll see how that goes...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Thanks very much for the info, hajos. I just updated my Hero2 and was wondering about the Autotune setting. Definitely interested if you find any way to apply some automatic post processing on Autotune content in Linux.

Thank you.
    Lenovo ThinkPad W520 | Mint 14 MATE x86_64
    Core i7 i7-2860QM - 20GB DDR3 1333MHz - Quadro 2000M - Samsung 830 256GB SSD - Hitachi 500GB HDD

Google Cr-48 | Mint 15 XFCE & Chrome OS (GPT + GRUB2)
    Insyde BIOS - 4GB DDR3 - 40GB Intel SSD

Beans

xak,
    Actually easy, see here: http://travellinghajo.wordpress.com/...-way-on-linux/
    It's for KDEnlive, but principle is same for other video editors. I meanwhile shoot in Protune all the time.