Thread: Ubuntu for Asus padfone

Beans

Ubuntu for Asus padfone

Hello,

I'm looking for a new phone now, and I really want ubuntu OS on it. Either as ubuntu for android or ubuntu mobile OS.

At the moment the Asus padfone seems to me like the perfect device for Ubuntu, but it doesn't seem like anyone agrees. There is no mention of it anywhere that I can see and I can't even find the device on xda. I have contacted Asus and suggested that they work on it, but of course they cannot reveal anything to me.

Does anyone know if there are people working on it?

Beans

Re: Ubuntu for Asus padfone

Would it be possible to change between ubuntu and android by clicking a button? So when docked in the tab, you would be able to switch between ubuntu (touch interface) and android as you wanted? And by docking in a keyboard, you could easily switch between ubuntu (desktop interface) and android?

I would love to be able to easily switch between ubuntu phone and android when the phone is undocked, but for me that would just be for fun.

I would really enjoy this dualism as android supports shitloads of apps that I wouldn't want to miss
    Last edited by wholmen; March 19th, 2013 at 08:41 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I'd also like to see this happen. I want my phone to be the main core in every media device
    "God iz not here today, priest!"

Beans

Padfone 1 here I would like also to switch to Ubuntu, but don't know if when inserted to tablet will switch like android to tablet screen. Asus has some SW for it in Android. Maybe it will simply ork only for stand-alone phones..

Beans

Hi,

Is it possible to install ubuntu on Asus Padfone?

Thanks.