Thread: Problem with Mythbuntu repos

Beans

Problem with Mythbuntu repos

I've got a mythbuntu system that I left on 9.04 for a few years. Last year in a moment of weakness I dist-upgraded through to 12.04 over a weekend.

I don't think I checked if MCC continued working at each dist step, but it doesn't work well now.

For a while it wouldn't open at all.

Today I've been opening it from the terminal as suggested above. I can see Repositories and Log Grabber.

If I select Repositories and then 'Activate Mythtv repositories' and Apply it hangs.

Here's the output:

Code:
    acodring@mythbackend:~$ sudo mythbuntu-control-centre
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    ERROR: Unable to set arguments ({'mythbuntu_repos': {'MythTV-Updates-Repo': None}}, '/usr/share/mythbuntu/plugins') according to signature u'a{sa{sv}}s': <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>: Don't know which D-Bus type to use to encode type "NoneType"
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dbus/connection.py", line 604, in msg_reply_handler
        reply_handler(*message.get_args_list(**get_args_opts))
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 401, in _introspect_reply_handler
        self._introspect_execute_queue()
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 387, in _introspect_execute_queue
        proxy_method(*args, **keywords)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 137, in __call__
        **keywords)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dbus/connection.py", line 584, in call_async
        message.append(signature=signature, *args)
    TypeError: Don't know which D-Bus type to use to encode type "NoneType"
    I should mention that mythtv is working OK. I've had trouble with my HD PVR locking up, but that's a separate thing.

Lately I'm not seeing any mythv updates coming through but that might be normal given that I'm still on .25.
    As I wrote this I noticed that the mythbuntu repos were still pointing at oneiric instead of precise.
    I changed it and suddenly there are myth updates again...

Not sure if this will be helpful for anyone or just confusing, but there it is.
    Last edited by Bucky Ball; February 17th, 2013 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Post moved to own thread and edited for clarity.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Problem with Mythbuntu repos

Your post has been moved to its own thread.

Please post new threads rather than hijacking existing threads with thread titles bearing no relation to your issue. It dilutes community effort, creates confusion and is unfair to the original poster.

You will greatly improve your chances of getting help by creating your own thread with a descriptive title and as much information as you can provide about your problem.

Good luck.

BB