Thread: Lag in Guild Wars

Threaded View

Beans

Lag in Guild Wars

Well im new to ubuntu as of like 48 hours ago, im running a 2.6ghz P4 processero on a GA-8SG800 Motherboard with a Nvidia Geforce 6600gt AGP8x also with a 1.5gb of ram.

As i installed ubuntu, i realised that it was very laggy, i love the layout, and enjoy ubuntu. But however im finding it hard to be able to run Guild Wars without a serrious lag problem, I have tested that it dosent lag with windows xp pro sp3. <snip>

I was just wondering is there a way to get all the driver's are uptodate kinda like the windoes ones? and if i have to install all the mobo drivers that normally come on a disc (which i dont have and will just get drivers from gigabyte's website)

And also, if i could have some friendly advice or mods, or programs people are willing to recomend, or help as im really intrested in Linux my main OS, as i only used for about 24hours and only rebooted my HDD to play my game. Lol. In the process of putting ubuntu back on tonight and leaving it that way for now hope someone can help.
    Last edited by lisati; February 17th, 2013 at 04:54 AM. Reason: title; edit to remove suggestion of illegal activity