Thread: launch control center from frontend

Beans

launch control center from frontend

So after having a slight issue with my last build I decided to do a clean reinstall. I installed the latest version without too many problems, but I'm a bit confused, I can't seem to be able to launch the control centre from the frontend like my old build.
    The only way to access the control center is by closing down the frontend and using the desktop.
    Anyone got any ideas?

Beans

Re: launch control center from frontend

Quote Originally Posted by se99paj View Post
    So after having a slight issue with my last build I decided to do a clean reinstall. I installed the latest version without too many problems, but I'm a bit confused, I can't seem to be able to launch the control centre from the frontend like my old build.
    The only way to access the control center is by closing down the frontend and using the desktop.
    Anyone got any ideas?
    The latest version is the only version I've used. I'll check when I get home, but I don't think there is an option.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

AFAIK, that has never been an option in the default theme. You can add it yourself via http://tips.myhdbox.com/2006/04/tip-...htvs-menus.php
    *Don't PM me directly for support, open a new thread
    *Looking for a MythTV quick start guide?

Beans

Thanks for the responses guys, I'm defintely sure it was on a previous version. I don't think I would have been clever enough to customise myself but its good to know that it can be done.

I've decided that I probably won't need the control center on a regular basis so I probably don't need to worry about this.

Beans

I found exactly that issue with 9.04 - control centre failed when called from frontend > setup but it worked fine from the ubuntu desktop pull down menu.

I concluded that since control centre needs the backend to be stopped, calling it from frontend is a bit illogical anyway.

So, I became accustomed to starting it that way and still do so with 12.04.

Phil