Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rhythmbox not streaming from internet 'radio'

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Rhythmbox not streaming from internet 'radio'

As the title says, I can not seem to get rhythmbox to stream audio from a url. These are all url's that work fine in Quantal, but RB just does nothing with them at all, no error message, no nothing. Regular playback of my local library stuff works fine.

Anyone else seeing this?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Re: Rhythmbox not streaming from internet 'radio'

when i'm using a new streaming app, i often need to tweak the default url a bit.
    have you compared the real link from a browser, and the url setting inside that app ?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by dino99 View Post
    when i'm using a new streaming app, i often need to tweak the default url a bit.
    have you compared the real link from a browser, and the url setting inside that app ?
    These are all url's that work fine with RB under Quantal. But yes, I suppose I should check to see if they've changed the parsing and such.

I am using Audacious right now to stream, and it works fine.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I just gave streaming radio a try, and of the 4 - 5 I tried (default selections) they all worked as they should.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post
    I just gave streaming radio a try, and of the 4 - 5 I tried (default selections) they all worked as they should.
    Oh well. I have tried several different url's from a given station's website, and nothing works. No error message or anything, just... nothing at all.

All of the url's in my "radio" playlist work just fine in rhythmbox under quantal. These are entries I've made myself, not the stock ogg streams that come with. But I have installed all the mp3 stuff - mp3 plays fine if it's from my local library.

In installed all the audio components I normally do after a new install, but perhaps I'm missing some piece of plumbing, as it were. I'll have to look into it later.

[edit: now even Audacious, which had working fine up until now (on this very raring installation), has stopped being able to stream. Something strange is going on...]
    Last edited by sgage; February 16th, 2013 at 11:01 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I normally install the ubuntu-restricted-extras meta package after install, you may not have something that is included in that.

Beans
    Distro

I normally install the ubuntu-restricted-extras meta package after install, you may not have something that is included in that.
    Installing ubuntu-restricted-extras is the first thing I do after a new install

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by sgage View Post
    Installing ubuntu-restricted-extras is the first thing I do after a new install
    I though I remembered you were one of the minimalists that only installed what they needed, I must be getting old.

Beans
    Distro

I though I remembered you were one of the minimalists that only installed what they needed, I must be getting old.
    I do only install only what I need - for example, ubuntu-restricted-extras

Beans
    Distro

Omg, WHY sooo many bugs at once!

I cannot make Rhythmbox play any internet radio manually added. "Build-in" worked just fine.

I realized that I should try in different player. So chose vlc and now: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2116744

AAAAAAARGH now I'm out of any sound... They had to really <snip> it up... And maybe it's time to adding heat and report bugs at launchpad... so they maybe could fix it before beta version.
    Last edited by cariboo; February 17th, 2013 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Removed implied profanity

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast