Thread: Install Error Ubuntu 12.10: Unable To Find A Medium Containing A Live File System

Threaded View

Beans

Install Error Ubuntu 12.10: Unable To Find A Medium Containing A Live File System

Hi All,

I am new to Ubuntu. I decided to give it a test drive since I am not all the fond of Windows 8. I have a brand new system that I built and have been trying to install 12.10 (the 64bit version). There is currently no OS installed, nor have I been able to install/update device drivers as of yet.

System Specs
    AMD FX-8350
    GigaByte 970A-D3
    G.Skill Ares 16Gb DDR-3-1600
    Samsung 840 Series 250Gb SSD
    Sapphire 2Gb Radeon 7850

I am using a USB stick to install Ubuntu as my optical has not yet arrived. I select "Install Ubuntu" and get the screen with Ubuntu on it and the scrolling dots. After that I always get this message:

BusyBox v1.19.3 (Ubuntu 1:1.19.3-7ubuntu1) built-in shell (ash)
    Enter ‘help’ for a list of built-in commands.

(initramfs) Unable to find a medium containing a live file system.

I have tried different kernel boot options, and searched pretty extensively and have not found a solution. I've also used a couple different programs to create the bootable USB drive including the one posted on the tutorial on the Ubuntu site, with no luck. Any help would be much appreciated, as I would like to try the OS out.
    Last edited by Loose2009; February 16th, 2013 at 05:43 PM.