Thread: No all music is availible in unity-lens-music

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

No all music is availible in unity-lens-music

Hello all.

I apologize if this is a simple problem. I have been googling this for the better part of a day with no resolution. Basically I am running Ubuntu 12.10 with Unity. The unity-lens-music lens in dash shows a total of 9 albums however my Rhythmbox library has a total of 74 albums. Also I have album art showing for all 74 albums in Rhythmbox but only 2 of the 9 albums listed in the unity music lens show album art. Is this a common problem? Am I just not looking in the right place for solutions? Is this a known bug?

Any help would be appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: No all music is availible in unity-lens-music

Okay, I'm going to answer my own question here. I seems that the unity dash cannot handle large lists of files very well so the music lens only shows 100 songs and the albums they belong to but a search in the music lens will reveal results which are not shown in the default list. I understand (or at least I hope) this is a design choice forced upon the programmers because of technical limitations that will be resolved in future releases. It sucks that this information is so hard to find. It is not a bug but it clearly *looks* like a bug. A simple "BTW the music lens doesn't actually, really work in logical way right now. But we're working on it." is all Canonical really needs to do.