Thread: How To remove linux and install windows 8 ( it doesn't boot into dvd...)

Beans

How To remove linux and install windows 8 ( it doesn't boot into dvd...)

hey guys , such a good days in linux I have but I think I better move on to windows for various reasons...I remember the very first moments I got my new laptop I picked it up absent thought and removed that ugly windows and installed my favor os , ubuntu ... but after 7-8 month being a ubuntu user now I just can't remove it lol ...

no matter a windows dvd or ubuntu dvd I put in the cd-rom and restart the device it just does not boot into cd that I can remove linux and install win 8...

so the question is how do I remove linux and install windows 8 without getting my laptop ****** up ...

it's a acer spire series...I don't recall the exact model LOL

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: How To remove linux and install windows 8 ( it doesn't boot into dvd...)

Moved to otherOS.

You have to be able to boot CD/DVD or flash to be able to do any repairs or install new system.

Are you sure CD drive still works?
    Did you set it first from BIOS?
    Did you correctly burn media not just copy to DVD?

Have you tried flash drive?
    For info on UEFI boot install & repair - Updated Mar 2015:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to close thread when/if answered completely.

Beans

windows 8?
    Are you sure about that?
    Better off with a dual boot with win7 if you can get a copy of it.

Beans

Do you know how to enter into BIOS configuration or how to enter into boot media selection?
    Most computers uses DEL, F2, F12, Esc or so.
    I remember that some acer laptop PCs use strange key to enter into BIOS configuration. You can refer to the manual of your PC.

You may be able to boot from CD/DVD after grub2. There should be some commands to boot from CD/DVD in grub2 command line.
    OpenBox: Debian Wheezy, Sid, Snowlinux, Aptosid, Siduction, Crunchbang, Ubuntu, Mint, ZorinOS, OS4, Arch, Manjaro, Mageia, Fedora, CentOS, OpenSuSE, PCLinuxOS, Sabayon, Slackware, Win XP/7
    http://kiyoandkei.bbs.fc2.com/