Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Requesting feedback on unity-tweak-tool

Beans

Re: Requesting feedback on unity-tweak-tool

Quote Originally Posted by jokerdino View Post
    I realize 8 pixel launcher icons are only available on 13.04. I would either have to maintain two different versions for both 12.10 and 13.04 or be lazy and stick with 32 across both the versions.

I'll talk with the rest of my team and get to this.
    If only maintaing one source then wouldn't bother with < 32, users who desire can get in ccsm & there really isn't any reason the Appearances panel can't do also (other than no one has done so, simple 2 char source edit
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...y/+bug/1101816

In 12.10 if a lower than usable value is set while initially not an issue, will just stop @ 32, upon a restart/re-login then unity will use the default (48) in leiu of the set < 32 value.

Beans

69 version starts up in absence of indicator-bluetooth & also starts in 12.10 without previous values module error.
    (quick work, - also nice to see a ppa with apport hooks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Question Re: Requesting feedback on unity-tweak-tool

Starting unity-tweak-tool from a terminal, with or without "sudo" leads to the following crash:

Code:
    ~$ sudo unity-tweak-tool
    Initialising...
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/bin/unity-tweak-tool", line 56, in <module>
        UnityTweakTool.init()
      File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/UnityTweakTool/__init__.py", line 118, in init
        connectpages()
      File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/UnityTweakTool/__init__.py", line 55, in connectpages
        from UnityTweakTool.section.unity import Unity
      File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/UnityTweakTool/section/unity.py", line 36, in <module>
        from UnityTweakTool.section.sphagetti.unity import Unitysettings as SphagettiUnitySettings
      File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/UnityTweakTool/section/sphagetti/unity.py", line 38, in <module>
        from .values import values
    ImportError: No module named 'UnityTweakTool.section.sphagetti.values'
    The latest version available through Synaptic is ~67 - no sign of ~68 or ~69 even after reloading package information.

Any ideas?

PS launchpad bug # 1127309
    Last edited by scradock; February 16th, 2013 at 04:48 PM. Reason: bug info added
    Sony vaio vgn-fw235j; Synaptics touchpad; triple boot: mint 12 64-bit; Precise 64-bit & Saucy 64-bit. 2TB external USB drive with more...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by scradock View Post
    Starting unity-tweak-tool from a terminal, with or without "sudo" leads to the following crash:

Code:
    ~$ sudo unity-tweak-tool
    Initialising...
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/bin/unity-tweak-tool", line 56, in <module>
        UnityTweakTool.init()
      File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/UnityTweakTool/__init__.py", line 118, in init
        connectpages()
      File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/UnityTweakTool/__init__.py", line 55, in connectpages
        from UnityTweakTool.section.unity import Unity
      File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/UnityTweakTool/section/unity.py", line 36, in <module>
        from UnityTweakTool.section.sphagetti.unity import Unitysettings as SphagettiUnitySettings
      File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/UnityTweakTool/section/sphagetti/unity.py", line 38, in <module>
        from .values import values
    ImportError: No module named 'UnityTweakTool.section.sphagetti.values'
    The latest version available through Synaptic is ~67 - no sign of ~68 or ~69 even after reloading package information.

Any ideas?
    The package including the bug fix just finished building. Give it a couple of minutes and then update your system.

Beans
    Distro

The 69 version is working now on my 12.10

Beans
    Distro

OK, version ~69 fixes that and is now installed. Thanks for the fast work...
    Sony vaio vgn-fw235j; Synaptics touchpad; triple boot: mint 12 64-bit; Precise 64-bit & Saucy 64-bit. 2TB external USB drive with more...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jokerdino View Post
    Can you start unity-tweak-tool and provide me any error message that you may get?
    It wont even start for me at all. I will try to reinstall.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybowee View Post
    It wont even start for me at all. I will try to reinstall.
    I fixed a couple of bugs today. Try updating your system and see if that helps. If there is no difference, try starting unity-tweak-tool in terminal and file a bug report with that error message.

Beans
    Hidden!

69 version starts up in absence of indicator-bluetooth & also starts in 12.10 without previous values module error.
    Same here. Nice quick fix!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123