Thread: CPU Cooler (be quiet! Dark Rock 2)

Beans

Question CPU Cooler (be quiet! Dark Rock 2)

Hi,

This has nothing to do with Ubuntu. I have a question: will a be quiet! Dark Rock 2 fit in an Antec Twelve Hundred Case? I'm plan on buying this CPU Cooler, but I'm not sure it will fit in my case.

Case: http://store.antec.com/Product/enclo...5-15120-7.aspx

CPU Cooler: http://www.bequiet.com/en/cpucooler/308

Thank you in advance

P.S. Sorry for English

Beans

Re: CPU Cooler (be quiet! Dark Rock 2)

I use one of these. It's ENORMOUS. Seriously. You've never seen a heatsink / fan so big. Can't advise if it'll fit in that case exactly, but check out www.bit-tech.net for a review on the thing, with images in cases etc.

It's not just the case you have to worry about though, it's fitting the components around it. I can't use two of my PCI-e ports because of it, and one of my SLI slots would have the card pretty much sitting against it.

edit: Actually mine is the pro, so that might be a bit smaller I think...

-Subv3rse
    Last edited by Subv3rse; February 15th, 2013 at 11:42 PM.

Beans

Re: CPU Cooler (be quiet! Dark Rock 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Subv3rse View Post
    I use one of these. It's ENORMOUS. Seriously. You've never seen a heatsink / fan so big. Can't advise if it'll fit in that case exactly, but check out www.bit-tech.net for a review on the thing, with images in cases etc.

It's not just the case you have to worry about though, it's fitting the components around it. I can't use two of my PCI-e ports because of it, and one of my SLI slots would have the card pretty much sitting against it.

edit: Actually mine is the pro, so that might be a bit smaller I think...

-Subv3rse
    Thanks for the fast reply, I think I'll look for a smaller cooler: I've read some reviews and people say that your RAM can give you problems, because some RAM chips are too tall.