Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Huge Linux Steam Sale

Beans

Re: Huge Linux Steam Sale

I bought Bastion and it is pretty good. Only problem is I have to use my Mouse because my Razer Onza controller isn't working (which is strange because it uses xbox 360 drivers on windows).

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by CloakandPigeon View Post
    I bought Bastion and it is pretty good. Only problem is I have to use my Mouse because my Razer Onza controller isn't working (which is strange because it uses xbox 360 drivers on windows).
    i can't get my xbox 360 controller to work with Team Fortress 2 either. It's well supported in windows and steam games but linux support doesn't seem to be there.

I have tried both xpad and xboxdrv. Xboxdrv shows output within the terminal I launch the command from but doesn't register within the game.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesA View Post
    Is your steam account restricted or something? Valve will lock an account if there has been possible fraud.

If you have the exact message, you can google it or contact support at https://support.steampowered.com
    I have no idea if it is restricted. Hmm. At first I thought it was because I was trying to install while in offline mode, so I switched to online and now I get a "a problem occurred during installation. Please reinstall the program with admin privileges."

Which I could have sworn was a Windows problem.

I was able to buy Penumbra and install it fine, and Morrowind. And I don't have anything that should be considered bad in my account, but I will reinstall Steam and if that doesn't work, I'll contact support.

I don't think Bastion supports controllers.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Dragon View Post
    The store page says "partial controller support"
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/107100/
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Dragon View Post

If you have a controller plugged in it gives directions for a gamepad, the joysticks both work and all four of the front facing buttons, but the triggers and shoulder buttons don't work. Its fine playing with a mouse, but it would be awesome to play with my gamepad.

Beans

I wasn't able to max Team Fortress 2 and Counter-Strike: Source on my GTX 570 until I disabled multicore rendering. If you can't max those games on fairly decent hardware, try turning off multicore rendering as well!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Un-stick thread. The end of this period of game discount.
    elementary OS Luna
    My Screenshot

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345