Thread: HPLIP Update

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

HPLIP Update

This morning received a notification that a new version, HPLIP-3.13.2, was available. Thought it was ok so I went forward with the upgrade.

Now it acting a bit wonky. HP Device Manager won't launch from the tool bar.

I'm getting the impression that I shouldn't have gone through with the upgrade.

Question, How do I get rid of the upgrade a go back to the HPLIP version in the repos? Will 'apt unistall' work? If so what is the exact syntax for the instruction?

FYI, this update was not done through Synaptic.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: HPLIP Update

I also got notice, but it did not seem like it did anything.

With printer off I was able to open icon in top panel (I use gnome-panel), but it still is 3.12.11. But then with printer on, it doubled entries and would not work. Deleted and opened from Applications, Accessories and it opened but still shows 3.12.11.

I think it is not downloading or is downloading and we have to find it to install? Under settings it says current version on new version available.

So pop-up is just the notice it is available.
    UEFI boot install & repair info - Regularly Updated :
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.

Beans

I have just installed HPLIP-3.13.2 about 20 minutes ago, I did it from the HPLIP website,
    then went into synaptic and enabled it, works sweet and smooth as anything.
    I use Ubuntu 12.04.2

Regards

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

It popped up again today when I rebooted. It did say it was going to download but then gave an error on no system tray and quit. I think when I originally installed there may have been something on no system tray but it worked, so I ignored it.

It looks like you just have to manually download it.
    UEFI boot install & repair info - Regularly Updated :
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.