Thread: Tremulous wont start

Hybrid View

Beans

Tremulous wont start

Hi I installed tremulous but the ghame wont start. I see a closed thread with a guy had the same problem. But when i try to type tremulous in the terminal i get the error message " No such file or directory". I even type cd /usr/local/games/tremulous and the tremulous but nothing happens. And when i open that folder and double click the icon nothing happens and no error messages come up. Can anyone tell me why it wont start? Thx Also no idea why my line breaks are not showing

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: Tremulous wont start

Try this, it may be missing some libs;

Code:
    ldd /usr/local/games/tremulous/tremulous
    Also post the outcome of this command to check for binaries and/or scripts to run the game;

Code:
    ls -a /usr/local/games/tremulous

Beans

On the first comand it said no such file or directory on the second it gave this . base ChangeLog GPL manual.pdf tremulous.xpm .. CC COPYING .manifest tremulous.x86 uninstall

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Try with;
    Code:
     sh -c "cd /usr/local/games/tremulous && ./tremulous.x86"

Beans

hi, came up with an error " error while loading shared libraries: libSDL-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

Beans

HI

I downloaded some proprietary libraries to get flash running and now when I double click the icon the screen goes all weird. Like a lot of continuous multi coloured barcodes. It requires a hard reset to get out of.

So im running a fairly fresh install of Ubuntu. Only got firestarter and no script as well as the updates from update manager.

Could I be missing drivers then?

Thx

Ps posted from mac os which for some reason adds the line breaks where as ubuntu doesn't .