Thread: Ryzom not launching on ubuntu 12.04 Quantal Quetzel

Post Ryzom not launching on ubuntu 12.04 Quantal Quetzel

I am new to ubuntu,(I installed it 3 days ago) and have spent that time getting it to stop my laptop overheating (I switched versions to 12.04, started using jupiter, changed to an alternate driver and modified the /grub file). I am now more than happy with it's performance as compared to w7 home premium and its publishing capabilities. A problem occurred, however, when I tried to launch Ryzom. It installed fine, with none of the restart issues others had experienced, but when I tried to launch it, a window called "Ryzom Update" came up with a loading bar (where a dot bounced back an forth) and a notice saying, "Patching Ryzom". This stayed for about 10 minutes then the notice disappeared without anything happening. I noticed, however, that the Ryzom icon on the unity bar was still yellow, as if it was open. If I clicked on it again the patching window came up for a few seconds and then disappeared again. I restarted the computer and the same thing happened. This isn't too urgent, seeing as it is only a game, but I have heard great things of it from several of my friends and am looking forward to playing it, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I downloaded balazar and the same thing happened, except there was no patching window. It is also yellow on the taskbar.

Warrio out.
    Last edited by Warrio1209; February 12th, 2013 at 10:37 AM. Reason: New information

Williams Lake
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Ryzom not launching on ubuntu 12.04 Quantal Quetzel

Moved to Gaming & Leisure, as you'll have a better chance of getting an answer here, than in ABT.

Denmark - Scandinavia

Re: Ryzom not launching on ubuntu 12.04 Quantal Quetzel

Have you checked Ryzom wiki on how to install and update?

Try follow it and post the terminal output if errors happens.
    elementary OS Luna
    My Screenshot