Thread: Ubuntu 12.04 and Ipod Classic

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Ubuntu 12.04 and Ipod Classic

I am wondering if anyone can help me I am running Ubuntu 12.04 and I want to sync my iPod music collection to my laptop, plus be able to add some of my other music cd's to the iPod
    As I need it as I use it when I go fishing especially this time of year when it gets dark early!

Is there anyway of just copying one album or one CD direct to mu iPod without syncing the whole library every time?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Ubuntu 12.04 and Ipod Classic

What program are you using?

In most music managers on Ubuntu, you can just highlight the tracks you want and drag them over to the iPod icon in the sidebar.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by stoogiebuncho View Post
    What program are you using?

In most music managers on Ubuntu, you can just highlight the tracks you want and drag them over to the iPod icon in the sidebar.
    I have tried RhythmBox, but being pretty new to the whole Ubuntu OS I am just getting my head round it. I have used Ubuntu in the past but that was just for the usual Web and Email

Beans

You can use rhythm box to manage any I pod but the touch i have found just synch it like you would with I tunes, just treat it like you would I tunes and if your asking about the auto synch feature that is on by default, yes you can turn it off and manually select what songs you apply to your device check the settings like you would any other app if you can't find it message me and I'll get you some visual detales.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Nerosagi View Post
    You can use rhythm box to manage any I pod but the touch i have found just synch it like you would with I tunes, just treat it like you would I tunes and if your asking about the auto synch feature that is on by default, yes you can turn it off and manually select what songs you apply to your device check the settings like you would any other app if you can't find it message me and I'll get you some visual detales.
    When I synch'ed it, rhythm box sync'ed the whole of my Music folder instead of just the 1 or 2 cd's I wanted and as I have over 2 days of music it took a while to do!

Beans

Yes you must turn that option off in the settings. https://mail.gnome.org/archives/rhyt...zx1OzbLOpj.jpg <- Best visual I can give at the moment.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Nerosagi View Post
    Yes you must turn that option off in the settings. https://mail.gnome.org/archives/rhyt...zx1OzbLOpj.jpg <- Best visual I can give at the moment.
    Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

If this solves your problem, please mark the thread so.
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by mörgæs View Post
    If this solves your problem, please mark the thread so.
    I will do once I get chance to check it out