Thread: Remote desktop not showing everything on a netbook.

Beans

Remote desktop not showing everything on a netbook.

Hi guys,

I'm running a windows vps through remmina remote desktop client on a netbook running ubuntu 12.04. This is the main computer I use. I do have other I just like my ubuntu powered netbook best.

Everything think shows up good on the remote desktop. The problem that I am having that when program have gui that take up allot of screen space and kind of hide below the task bar. The problem is when a program is below the task bar I have now way of accessing any of the buttons or seeing the data.

I really need to get this fixed somehow because I'm using my vps for SEO. So this involves my lively hood.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Remote desktop not showing everything on a netbook.

are you on windows XP or are you on vista/7?

I guess either way, on the task bar at the bottom you can right click the open program and hit I believe resize, and also move. This should allow you to move the opened program enough to expose the buttons (minimize, Full window, and close window buttons)

I know you are having this issue because of the small netbook screen size. The programs load on the computer at the monitors resolution which is probably a ton bigger than your netbook's screen size
    Last edited by ACubed10; February 12th, 2013 at 05:05 PM.