Thread: ACPI: EC: Input Buffer not empty, aborting transaction.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Exclamation ACPI: EC: Input Buffer not empty, aborting transaction.

Hi,
    I'm using ubuntu 12.04 and Ijust got the error in the title. I waited through it and it eventually brought me to my log in screen, I had shut the screen, and the brightness was low and my cursor was extremely slow. I did a hard reset by holding the power button because I couldn't get to the onscreen shut down. It turned off and now my computer simply won't turn back on.Ihave no idea what's going on or why this happened.
    When Ipress the power button it tries to start up, but doesn't even get to the bios, it shows nothing at all before shutting down and trying to start again.

EDIT: I've noticed it seems to be trying to read something in the cd drive. I'm not sure if this pertains, but it does it everytime it tries to start up
    Last edited by cwblanch; February 10th, 2013 at 05:58 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: ACPI: EC: Input Buffer not empty, aborting transaction.

Well I guess it was a false alarm...all I did was take the battery out and put it back in. But if anyone knows why this happened I would still like to know.

On a side note, it won't let me increase the brightness of the screen and when I try I cant do anything for about 30 seconds.