Thread: Unity Quicklist Window Switching

Beans

Unity Quicklist Window Switching

I like it and i hope scroll switching support will be available too:

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2013/02/n...added-to-unity

Beans

Re: Unity Quicklist Window Switching

What might be interesting to explore and inovate is the possibility of using Unity launcher as the placeholder of all tabs from all programs and then having possibility to remove tabs from application(s) itself.

That would:
    -Leave more space for the content (no tabs area in for example FF).
    -Endless possibility of navigation (for example scroll switching support for all Gedit documents).

This could potentially benefit mobile form factors where using desktop tabs could be problematic but using launcher features like window spread could enable easy touch window (or tabs) switching. And yes mobile form factors there it makes even more sense to save as much screen real estate as possible and (current) desktop apps would not have to change fundamentally to be usable on this form factor(s)!
    Last edited by EgoGratis; February 10th, 2013 at 01:00 AM.

Beans

The new windowlist feature works well, shows all multiple windows inc. other WS's & or minimized

As far as scroll on icon - that's currently avail. in plank, at least here don't find that useful with a touchpad, hard to control. (would likely be ok with a mouse wheel.

Still the best method here is spread on window group on all Ws's
    (totally unsupported in compiz & always will be. When or if compiz goes away will be greatly missed

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    The new windowlist feature works well, shows all multiple windows inc. other WS's & or minimized
    When or if compiz goes away will be greatly missed
    Oh Lord I Hope Not!! Love My Compiz