Chromium uses all of my available memory, bogging down my writing assignments, because OOorg isn't very light.

Firefox seems to be doing a lot better. I switched originally because firefox was using too much memory and chrome/ium seemed lighter, but now I'm not sure.

I've
Code:
 free -m
for both of them, checked the task manager (chromium's multiple processes didn't seem to go away when I got down to one tab), I checked chromium's task manager and the tab will be using most of the memory, followed by adblock plus.

I've got 4 tabs open in firefox and still have almost half of my memory left. Swap isn't being used hardly at all.