Thread: Interrupted an installation

Beans

Cool Interrupted an installation

I accidentally interrupted the installation of Google Chrome and when I booted after a few days I got an error message from the update manager:
    "Could not initialize the package information
    An unresolvable problem occurred while initializing the package information.
    Please report this bug against the 'update-manager' package and include the following error message:
    'E:The package google-chrome-stable needs to be reinstalled, but I can't find an archive for it.'"

The archive is on the desktop, but I can't reinstall because a lot of system programs don't work like the Software Center, Language support, Additional Drivers, etc.
    I get this error message: "The application blah blah blah was closed unexpectedly."
    Then I get this:
    Title is "Invalid problem report"
    And the message is: "Could not determine the package or source package name."

The computer once froze during an update when "sudo apt-get install -f" fixed all problems.
    Now I get this:
    After the usual
    "Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done"
    I get this again: "E: The package google-chrome-stable needs to be reinstalled, but I can't find an archive for it."
    The last backup i made was 1 year ago and there is no way I'll do a restore that old.

Is there anything I can do to resolve the issues?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Interrupted an installation

When you say you have it on the desktop, does that mean you tried installing it from a .deb file?

If you have the .deb what if you try:
    sudo dpkg -i /path/filename.deb
    Darko.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64bit & Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Beans

Re: Interrupted an installation

It worked ^^
    Thanks!