Thread: Journaling software for women's shelter

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Journaling software for women's shelter

Hello,

I am aiming to create an easily deployable Ubuntu installation for women's shelters in Sweden. I would need software that can be used to journalize/document incidents reported by those seeking help at the shelter, in order to be able to summarize data and statistics for reports to government and other women's organizations.

So, my question is, is there any software readily available for Ubuntu, suitable for this kind of journalizing?

Re: Journaling software for women's shelter

I'd think the government of Sweden would have guidelines on what they will or won't accept?
    Windows assumes the user is an idiot.
    Linux demands proof.

Beans

You could use a trouble ticket system such as bugzilla. It will do everything you need to track issues. It is very configurable. It also has lots of reporting features. You can get ready to run virtual machines with bugzilla so it is trivial to deploy it.

Quote Originally Posted by hermanab View Post
    ...bugzilla...
    +1
    Windows assumes the user is an idiot.
    Linux demands proof.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

There are no government guidelines for these reports, as they are to be gathered by non-governmental organizations. Fact is, there is as of today almost no computerized/digitalized logging or gathering of statistics from women's shelters in Sweden.

I will have a look at bugzilla, feel free to continue coming with other suggestions, thanks