Thread: Looking for old KDE panel widget for file browsing

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Looking for old KDE panel widget for file browsing

A few versions ago, a certain panel widget was bundled with Kubuntu. It was a sort of a lightweight folder viewer - when clicked, a list of all files and folders in the user's home directory would pop up from the panel, and would allow simple navigation through the directory structure until a file is selected. It was very convenient to have, saving quite a few clicks compared to launching Dolphin.

But it's not bundled any more, and I don't know what it's called.

A picture of what (I think, at least) is the widget in question is here, wedged between the K menu and Show Desktop widgets. Sadly, the widget is not open, so it doesn't show what it looked like in action.

Anyone know what this is/was called, and how I can get it back?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Looking for old KDE panel widget for file browsing

Click on the "cashew" at the right end of the panel, choose Add Widgets, then add the Folder View widget.
    If you ask for help, please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Looking for old KDE panel widget for file browsing

Quote Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
    Click on the "cashew" at the right end of the panel, choose Add Widgets, then add the Folder View widget.
    Yup! It has changed a bit since I last saw it, but that would be it.

Thanks!

EDIT: Seems to have lost the click-through feature, though. Immediately opens up Dolphin rather than another view when clicking a folder.

EDIT2: It didn't lose the feature. Now that I had the name of the widget, I could Google it. Turns out the widget I was looking for is not Folder View, but something called QuickAccess. It is not available by default, but it's in the repos (package plasma-widget-quickaccess). Really solved now.
    Last edited by Ernir; February 7th, 2013 at 11:43 PM.