Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Beta Testers for Tennis Games just ported to Linux !

Beans

Arrow Need Beta Testers for Tennis Games just ported to Linux !

Hello,

I'm the author of the tennis games "Tennis Elbow 2013" and "Tennis Elbow Manager", available so far on Windows & Mac OSX. I just ported them to Linux, and I'd be glad if some Linux users could tell me if they work correctly on their setup.

TE2013 Demo : http://www.managames.com/download.php?TE2013-Linux_BetaU.gz
    TeManager Demo : http://www.managames.com/download.ph...Linux_BetaU.gz

In TE2013, you play tennis, and in TeManager, you're a tennis coach managing your player(s).

Please report any glitch, bug or crash you may experience. Post the System.log from the game folder if possible.
    It's working with Ubuntu 12.04, so I guess it should work with other Fedora distribs and hopefully most of other popular Linux distribs ; don't hesitate to report if it's working well on your distrib..!

So far, I noticed these 2 bugs :
    - sound is very delayed, about half a second
    - mouse doesn't work in fullscreen

I hope that both are because I'm running Ubuntu within VmWare.

Right now, it's still missing the config tool to select your language ; I already created it but still didn't put it in the package.

Thanks in advance for any report !

PS: if you buy the game, just copy your Key.txt into your game folder (I still didn't create the email template for Linux Key ).

Last edited by Artificial Intelligence; February 8th, 2013 at 06:08 PM. Reason: added prefix

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Need Beta Testers for Tennis Games just ported to Linux !

Stick'ed for a period.
    elementary OS Luna
    My Screenshot

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Whats the price for the games?
    If you need help, i'm always on Google+

Just because you have more beans than I, it does not mean you know more.

Beans

Artificial Intelligence,
    thanks !

harrylucas1
    US$24.95 for each game ; US$37.42 both games together (ie: 50% off the 2nd game, whenever you buy it).

Beans

I just updated the Betas : the games were requiring you to have installed SDL and all its dependencies to work ; now, all the required Libs are loaded from the subfolder "SdlLib" , or at least hopefully so ; I successfully tested on a naked Ubuntu 12.04, but maybe other distrib will miss some libs ; thanks to let me know if it's the case on your Linux.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

For Tennis Elbow 2013

Code:
    ./TennisElbow2013: error while loading shared libraries: libtiff.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Ubuntu 12.04 uses libtiff5 (libtiff.so.5)

After installing libtiff4 it seems to be working for normal play.

Fiddling with the resolution results in a crash if I do this:
    Windowed mode, on 1024×768
    Change to Full screen mode, still on 1024×768
    Change to 1280×1024, crash
    Code:
    X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
      Major opcode of failed request:  150 (XFree86-VidModeExtension)
      Minor opcode of failed request:  10 (XF86VidModeSwitchToMode)
      Value in failed request:  0x2b2
      Serial number of failed request:  342
      Current serial number in output stream:  344
    If you start in full screen with 1280×1024 (from startup of the game) and then do the following:
    Change fullscreen to windowed,
    Change windowed to fullscreen,
    Change from higher resolution to lower,
    Change from lower resolution to higher.

Then you should see artifacts on the "newly revealed" part of the screen. Then you will be forced to press escape button few times to close the program and then start it up again. It obviously works then as it is the change going from lower to higher resolution that seems to be doing this.

Beans

Bölvağur,
    thanks for your report !
    I don't have libtiff5 on my Ubuntu 12.04 (both fresh one & up-to-date one) ; I'll put libtiff4 in the SdlLib folder anyway with next package, it can't hurt (I hope so! ).

I couldn't reproduce both of your video bugs ; I can get the same error message when I try to set the video mode to an higher resolution than the max possible, though.
    Would it be possible for these issues to be linked to your display drivers ?

Could you tell me if the mouse was working well in full screen ? And if the sound was delayed or not ?

Beans

I updated the packages again, added a couple of libs, and now the games auto-detect the language on 1st start, and let you change the language from the "Misc Options" menu.

Website has been updated as well, so these are Release Candidates, hopefully working well...

Beans

Nice! I have only tried TennisElbow2013 so far under Slackware -current. Runs nicely, there is a terminal message on startup:

Code:
    ./TennisElbow2013: /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4: no version information available (required by ./TennisElbow2013)
    which does not affect actual gameplay...
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

Beans

andrew.46,
    thanks for your report !

I did a quick search, and it may mean you don't have CURL installed on your system.
    Could you try this command to see if it output anything ?
    Code:
    curl-config --version
    (I found this in this topic : http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1156845 )

CURL is only used to contact the server to check for new version, so it's not much needed anyway ; and as it's done on 1st launch, I guess either if it's missing or a wrong lib version, it will likely never prevent the game to start.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast