Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Somehow I keep messing up my installation

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Somehow I keep messing up my installation

Thanks all for your for the help. I will report what I'll be trying and end up using.
    Lutz

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by petro dawg View Post
    stick with long term support (lts) versions unless you like working extra to get everything running correctly. I would suggest using 12.04 (especially if you are new to ubuntu).
    +1.

You are asking about more than one issue here which makes things confusing. For the wirless issue you should post in Networking & Wireless and for the guitar issue possibly Multimedia & Video or General Help.

Use descriptive thread titles which give some information about your problem (the current one gives none about either issue) and include where you are at, what you've done to get there and as much relevant information as you can muster. Good luck.
    Last edited by Bucky Ball; February 11th, 2013 at 01:28 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Bucky Balls comment notwithstanding, just wanted to close out the wireless issue:
    Intel Advanced N-6235 works peachy.
    I had to enable it with rfkill unblock all since on my laptop the Fn-F12 wireless key does not work
    Lutz

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Thanks for sharing the fix and well done. You should probably mark this thread as solved and move on to the guitar issue. How's it going? Post a thread about that and a link back here if you like.

Multimedia & Video might be a good section for it. My previous advice still stands; your thread title really doesn't have anything to do with the guitar issue if that is what you have left.

PS: Have you tried Ubuntu Studio and jackaudio? Might help. You can install the Studio audio with ubuntustudio-audio.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Bucky Ball; February 13th, 2013 at 02:09 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12