Thread: Your screen, graphics card, and input device settings could not be detected correctly

Beans

Your screen, graphics card, and input device settings could not be detected correctly

Hey guys,
    running into a problem here.
    Getting a screen on booting Ubuntu 12.04 displaying this:

"Your screen, graphics card, and input device settings could not be detected correctly. You will need to configure these yourself."

Options:
    1. Run in low-graphics mode for just one session.
    2. Reconfigure graphics.
    3. Troubleshoot the error.
    4. Exit to console login."

However I am unable to choose any of the options.
    I had removed some of the pre installed apps like Rhythm box,Brasero.Could that be the problem?as suggested by a guy over here
    http://blogs.operationaldynamics.com...untu-12-04-lts

this is taken from a similar thread dealing with the same issue
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1993347
    from where I was asked to open a new one for speedy response.

I am running a Pentium D CPU 2.8Ghz processor 2GB RAM,Windows XP and Ubuntu installed on separate partitions.

Any Suggestions/Help/Solutions would be very helpful.
    thank you.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Your screen, graphics card, and input device settings could not be detected corre

How did you remove those packages? Which commands did you use?

Beans

Re: Your screen, graphics card, and input device settings could not be detected corre

I didn't use any commands I just removed them from the Ubuntu Software Center.
    But I also use Ubuntu Tweak Janitor,may be that could have removed the packages.
    sorry if I sound noobish,because I am.
    I need to use ubuntu as soon as I can,what if I reinstall Ubuntu again on the same drive without formating?will it cause complete data lossage?i.e all the apps with their data along with other stored stuff on the drive will be gone?
    I don't care of this 'Graphics' problem really if I don't lose my data by reinstalling ubuntu.
    Can you comment on this.
    Thank you

Beans

Somebody???

Beans

Having the same problem here. Tried fail safe x in recovery mode but it just get stuck in a black screen and keeps me waiting.
    The issue isn't systematic though. When i keep rebooting the system it does work at some point. But i'm sure someday it won't.
    I'll try reinstalling my graphical driver and see if that solves it.

Beans

Smile Re: Your screen, graphics card, and input device settings could not be detected corre

I got the same error.. because of display manager corrupt.,
    I followed the link below and got back the display...

http://blog.technotesdesk.com/ubuntu...graphics-mode/

thanks and regards
    sekar