Thread: Rythmbox & Ipod nano (3rd gen)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Rythmbox & Ipod nano (3rd gen)

I've been given a cast-off 3rd generation Ipod Nano that was being managed by a Chinese version of iTunes. When I connect it to UK iTunes, iTunes wants to reformat it and start again. There are some 'songs' (stupid name) on it that I want to keep, but Itunes gives me no function to 'dump' these to my PC.

Linux allows me to browse the contents of the flash memory in the iPod, but cannot 'decode' the music file names from the coding used by iTunes. However, Rythmbox can show me all I need to know about the various music 'collections' on the iPod. This allows me to see which of the music I would like to save to my PC and then reload with iTunes UK - but I don't see anyway in Rythmbox to copy these music items to my /home.

Is there any way I can do this?
    "Theorem: We live in an age of imbecility.
    Proof: Politicians, Civil Servants. Bankers"

Beans

Re: Rythmbox & Ipod nano (3rd gen)

Try using Floola.It stays on the ipod itself and you can select the files and save them to the hard drive.
    #!HP Envy Ubuntu 14.04 iBook G4 PPC - MintPPC from Debian Wheezy

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Rythmbox & Ipod nano (3rd gen)

Thanks for this. If I had used a bit more intelligence I would have seen that this question has already been answered - and it can be done directly from within Rythmbox.
    "Theorem: We live in an age of imbecility.
    Proof: Politicians, Civil Servants. Bankers"