Thread: syncing issues with rythmbox on ubuntu 10.10 "fail to fetch" at every turn....

Hybrid View

Beans

Angry syncing issues with rythmbox on ubuntu 10.10 "fail to fetch" at every turn....

So Im making one last cry for help here because ubuntu has failed me in every possible way. I just bought this netbook with ubuntu 10.10 and was intrigued to try a different OS then windows or mac, but now I am locked in this nightmarish headache of troubleshooting EVERY LAST THING....Im troubleshooting, troubleshooting at this point....All I wanted to do is use rythmbox to sync with my ipod classic (6thgen) and my iphone (3G). but one problem leads to another, and to another, and before i know it i spend 4+ hours trying to solve something that wouldnt take me 1 min to do in windows or mac. I need to know why I cant sync my ipod, or get any software updates eg(11.04) etc, or why any troubleshooting terminal solutions i find end in "fail the fetch" etc etc.

I'd appreciate any help asap, if I cant solve this soon, im gona go back to windows with a serious sour taste for ubuntu...apologies for the attitude in this message but I seriously regret giving this UBUNTU a try at the moment.

Beans

Re: syncing issues with rythmbox on ubuntu 10.10 "fail to fetch" at every turn....

~
    Last edited by ahallubuntu; July 3rd, 2013 at 02:24 AM.