Thread: Broadcom BCM4312

Beans

Broadcom BCM4312

Hi to everyone. I'm just starting with Ubuntu and I can't install the Wireless driver. I've searched through all kinds of forums and nothing has worked so far. I tried installing bcmwl kernel sources left and right and the same errors keep showing up. Here are some useful details:

First: I don't have ethernet connection, and it is a Dell Inspiron Laptop. Wireless is perfect on Windows 7 (It's a Dual Boot)
    The version is 12.10
    Network Controller: BCM4312
    3.5.0-17-generic
    amd64 architecture

The typical error says that linux-libc-dev and libc6-dev are not configured.
    I tried some tutorials on firmware-b43 (or something like that) and nothing happened.
    I've noticed that several guidances on this subject across the web redirect to an specific article at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wi...Driver/bcm43xx, but I didn't get that. This guy makes several recommendations prior to the package installation that are alien to me.

I appreciate any help in advance. I don´t know what I am doing!
    Last edited by clealmoraes; February 3rd, 2013 at 12:16 PM.

Beans

I wasn't able to solve Wireless problem from previous posts

Hi to everyone. I'm just starting with Ubuntu and I can't install the Wireless driver. I've searched through all kinds of forums and nothing has worked so far. I tried installing bcmwl kernel sources left and right and the same errors keep showing up. Here are some useful details:

First: I don't have ethernet connection, and it is a Dell Inspiron Laptop. Wireless is perfect on Windows 7 (It's a Dual Boot)
    The version is 12.10
    Network Controller: BCM4312
    3.5.0-17-generic
    amd64 architecture

The typical error says that linux-libc-dev and libc6-dev are not configured.
    I tried some tutorials on firmware-b43 (or something like that) and nothing happened. It cannot find firmware.
    I've noticed that several guidances on this subject across the web redirect to an specific article at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wi...Driver/bcm43xx, but I didn't get that. This guy makes several recommendations prior to the package installation that are alien to me.

I appreciate any help in advance. I don´t know what I am doing!

Beans

Re: Problems in setting up wireless connections

Threads merged, please don't post duplicates which may make it harder for anyone who tries to help.