Thread: What audio device is in the PanP5?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

What audio device is in the PanP5?

Hi, I'm dualbooting my PanP5 with Xubuntu 12.04 and Windows Server 2012, which works rather well by the way on the 4 year old laptop. It's using the stock Microsoft audio driver for the audio device in the laptop, but I'm finding a few audio apps don't work and most support forums say I need to verify I have the appropriate manufacturer drivers. The S76 site has drivers available for Windows XP and Vista, but the files are just called Panp4_Audio_windows.exe which doesn't tell me much. Can someone from S76 lookup and post the exact audio chipset or device setup in the panP5 laptops?

Thanks --

Sam
    System76 Pangolin Performance 5 - Xubuntu 18.04 LTS
    System76 Darter Pro - Pop_OS 18.04 LTS

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: What audio device is in the PanP5?

Quote Originally Posted by samalex View Post
    Hi, I'm dualbooting my PanP5 with Xubuntu 12.04 and Windows Server 2012, which works rather well by the way on the 4 year old laptop. It's using the stock Microsoft audio driver for the audio device in the laptop, but I'm finding a few audio apps don't work and most support forums say I need to verify I have the appropriate manufacturer drivers. The S76 site has drivers available for Windows XP and Vista, but the files are just called Panp4_Audio_windows.exe which doesn't tell me much. Can someone from S76 lookup and post the exact audio chipset or device setup in the panP5 laptops?

Thanks --

Sam
    I believe the Vista driver will do what you need it to. The audio in our laptops is built into the chipset, and is only referred to as "Intel HD Audio".
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!