Thread: Minecraft, can't close inventory with mouse button

Beans

Minecraft, can't close inventory with mouse button

I hope this is the right forum for this thread...

If I use a keyboard key to toggle the inventory open/closed there is no problem everything works as expected.

As soon as I assign a mouse button to inventory though (any mouse button) I can open the inventory fine, but a second push of the mouse button doesn't close the inventory as it should (I have to press esc to close it).

Very weird.

Has anyone else seen this? Have a solution, or even just an idea about it?

Beans

Re: Minecraft, can't close inventory with mouse button

Once you open the inventory, the mouse buttons are used to move items around. That takes priority over whatever you set the mouse buttons to do. Like closing the the inventory screen.
    "The difference between Linux and Windows is that with Linux you're in the driver's seat, but with Windows, Microsoft is driving...and you're tied up and locked in the trunk."
    -Gster4

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Ender Shadow View Post
    Once you open the inventory, the mouse buttons are used to move items around. That takes priority over whatever you set the mouse buttons to do. Like closing the the inventory screen.
    ALL of the mouse buttons?

That is very annoying...

EDIT: I should point out this only happens in Ubuntu, not Windows.

Beans

Minecraft uses different files that handle input (e.g. keyboard, mouse etc) in Linux OS's then it does in Windows. That's probably why it's happening in Ubuntu and not Windows, and that might be why you can use a mouse button to open the inventory, but not to close it.
    "The difference between Linux and Windows is that with Linux you're in the driver's seat, but with Windows, Microsoft is driving...and you're tied up and locked in the trunk."
    -Gster4

Beans

Ok, thanks ES.

Beans

You're very welcome, Horbo.
    -Gster4