Thread: Error installing Ubuntu Phone SDK

Beans

Error installing Ubuntu Phone SDK

Hi, I'm trying to install the SDK to do the tutorial linked on the Ubuntu Phone SDK web page. I have Ubuntu 12.10 and when i try to install ubuntu components it says that it can't satisfy the dependecies relating qt5 libraries. How can I set up my development environment correctly? Thanks a lot.

Beans

Re: Error installing Ubuntu Phone SDK

Quote Originally Posted by mastergap View Post
    Hi, I'm trying to install the SDK to do the tutorial linked on the Ubuntu Phone SDK web page. I have Ubuntu 12.10 and when i try to install ubuntu components it says that it can't satisfy the dependecies relating qt5 libraries. How can I set up my development environment correctly? Thanks a lot.
    I want to develop an ubuntu phone game. I am new to this but have programmed. Please tell me how.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatetechie View Post
    I want to develop an ubuntu phone game. I am new to this but have programmed. Please tell me how.
    I think that you have posted on the wrong thread. Im' trying to install the SDK following the instruction on the website but something goes wrong installing ubuntu-components.

Beans

Hi mastergap,
    Sorry if my English is not so good, I'm french.
    I got the same error on Ubuntu 12.04 and it broke my package manager. As I couldn't install or remove anything, i re-installed Ubuntu and I chose 12.10 version.
    I'll try to install the SDK on a Virtual Machine because I don't want to have any problem on my new Ubuntu installation.

If anyone know how to resolve it...