Thread: how-to-connect-to-internet-from-ubuntu-which-is-installed-in-a-virtual-machine-u

Beans

how-to-connect-to-internet-from-ubuntu-which-is-installed-in-a-virtual-machine-u

I have installed Ubuntu 9.04 on a virtual machin using VMWare workstation. I have WIndows 7 as my host OS.

I want to connect to internet from Ubuntu. Can anyone please gives steps for connecting to internet through guuest OS?

Beans

Re: how-to-connect-to-internet-from-ubuntu-which-is-installed-in-a-virtual-machine-u

Quote Originally Posted by barcealona View Post
    I have installed Ubuntu 9.04 on a virtual machin using VMWare workstation. I have WIndows 7 as my host OS.

I want to connect to internet from Ubuntu. Can anyone please gives steps for connecting to internet through guuest OS?
    Ubuntu 9.04 is not supported anymore. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...le_of_versions

So get a recent & supported Ubuntu: 12.04 or 12.10, and run that.

HTH

Beans

Re: how-to-connect-to-internet-from-ubuntu-which-is-installed-in-a-virtual-machine-u

Quote Originally Posted by sanderj View Post
    Ubuntu 9.04 is not supported anymore. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...le_of_versions

So get a recent & supported Ubuntu: 12.04 or 12.10, and run that.

HTH
    yes ,i have ubuntu 12.04 not 9.04 ,please answer me about my question

Beans

Also be sure you set up the virtual machine with a network interface that can talk to the outside world. (Under VirtualBox, which I run Ubuntu 12.04 as a guest under, that would be a network interface that uses NAT and gets configured via DHCP--I don't know about VMWare, but I expect it's similar in concept if not in detail, and has documentation you can consult for the details.) Good luck.

Beans

Is Internet working on the host machine?

Can you tell how you set up the Ubuntu virtual machine? Did you all leave to default?

Beans

Is Internet working on the host machine?

Can you tell how you set up the Ubuntu virtual machine? Did you all leave to default?
    yes, There is internet in home machine .
    i leave all setting to default except i do one thing form setting vm->Network Adapter ->Nat

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by barcealona View Post
    yes, There is internet in home machine .
    i leave all setting to default except i do one thing form setting vm->Network Adapter ->Nat
    and why do you do that?

What happens when you leave that to default too?

Beans

and why do you do that?

What happens when you leave that to default too?
    I read that in some subjects but not work .
    can tell me what should i do

Beans

Create a new VM, leave everything on default
    Start the VM, and point to the fres Ubuntu ISO. Install it.
    Then everything should work

HTH