I have originally posted this on ask ubuntu, but haven't got any responses. So I'm just crying here for help.

I've been a good Ubuntu user since 11.4 on my 64bit Dell Inspiron N4010 laptop, and everytime installed with USB stick but this time, I can't install Ubuntu 12.10 on my laptop. I had this issue again but then the networking solution didn't work since 12.10, so everytime it happened I made an upgrade on my existing installation and it just worked. But now I can't fix it, because the USB live Ubuntu is not booting up and it hangs on the splash screen.

Here's the logs

I thought it might be because of my swap partition, because on any mode on in the recovery menu(from friend recovery) it hanged on fsck, so I just removed my swap partition and removed the /etc/fstab entry for the swap. Not sure it was the right way, but it didn't change anything.

The USB works perfectly with a Dell Latitude E6500 laptop, even though I get the `not a typewriter message`.

As I researched the 'cannot mount to /dev/sr0, no medium found' is also ok.

Note that I don't want to remove all my partitions and make a clean install, that's gonna be my last resort.

Any keyboard shortcut won't after that. Up and down arrows that shows the splash screen won't work after it's hung. `alt + ctrl + F1-7` won't do anything. Same goes to `alt + ctrl + delete`.

One more thing is that having persistent storage or not having it, wouldn't make any difference. I made the usb with `dd` but, same results obtained with unetbootin or pendrivelinux.