Thread: How to enable XPM library in gd?

Beans

Exclamation How to enable XPM library in gd?

Hello, i installed php with gd library, but when i check php.ini files it doesnt show the xpm and xbm libraries, id like to know how do i enable these extensions. Because i need to insert Captcha in my website.

Ps: i installed libxpm-dev and libxpm through apt-get install command. And nothing changed in php.ini.

Link: http://www.pergunteaoprofissional.com.br/gd.php

Regards,

Paulo Menezes

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: How to enable XPM library in gd?

You enable support for xpm by specifying the --with-XXXX configure switch to your PHP configure line. Just add --with-xpm-dir=DIR. If configure is not able to find the required libraries, you may add the path to your X11 libraries.

DIR is the GD base install directory.

Beans

Please Help!!!!

Hello, i installed php with gd library, but when i check php.ini files it doesnt show the xpm and xbm libraries, id like to know how do i enable these extensions. Because i need to insert Captcha in my website.

Ps: i installed libxpm-dev and libxpm through apt-get install command. And nothing changed in php.ini.

Link: http://www.pergunteaoprofissional.com.br/gd.php

Regards,

Paulo Menezes

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by slickymaster View Post
    You enable support for xpm by specifying the --with-XXXX configure switch to your PHP configure line. Just add --with-xpm-dir=DIR. If configure is not able to find the required libraries, you may add the path to your X11 libraries.

In very new in linux platform, can you tell me where can i find this directory?

Beans

I noticed you are from POrtugal, im from Brasil, maybe its easier talking in portuguese if you agree.

Quote Originally Posted by slickymaster View Post

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Tudo bem, Paulo. Assim será mais imediato.

O que tens de fazer é passar o parâmetro usando --with-gd = "Caminho", em que "Caminho" é o local (caminho/path para a pasta) onde está a biblioteca.

Para saberes onde a biblioteca está, basta abrires uma janela/terminal e correres os seguintes comandos:
    Code:
    cd /
    find -name *versão da tua libgd*
    Espero ter ajudado e que consigas resolver o teu problema.

Abraço.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Se precisares de referências, dá uma vista de olhos ao manual de instalação. O idioma está em pt_BR.

Boa sorte.

Beans

Question A little help here please!

Hello, i want to enable XPM Support to php5-gd , and i know i have to put --with-xpm-dir=DIR somewhere i dont know. What file should i edit to insert this command.

GD.php:http://www.pergunteaoprofissional.com.br/gd.php

Thank You

Beans

Threads merged, please keep to one thread per issue, make it easier on anyone trying to help you.