Quote Originally Posted by DobsonM View Post
    it seems your urls went kablooey

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Fabulous February's Screenshot thread

Quote Originally Posted by GafftheHorse View Post
    Simple Openbox with Tint2 panel for a purple Acer Aspire One Netbook

[IMG]file:///home/jtees/Pictures/Screenshot from 2013-02-04 14:20:54.png[/IMG]
    Oh, wow, that's fun. The one thing I find myself appreciating whenever I use a Windows 7 install (have not yet owned 8) is the ease with which it can be made pink. The purple is weird, striking, and quirky.

I'm ridiculously happy with my current setup with Pantheon on 12.04. All the bits just seem to be working together for once. I couldn't believe that Plank actually properly supports Chrome webapps, totally without fuss.

Clean and with some windows open in a highly improbable arrangement.

Edit: Oh, DobsonM, what's that panel you're using? Is that a Cinnamon arrangement?
    Last edited by Copper Bezel; February 6th, 2013 at 07:41 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Copper Bezel View Post
    Oh, wow, that's fun. The one thing I find myself appreciating whenever I use a Windows 7 install (have not yet owned 8) is the ease with which it can be made pink. The purple is weird, striking, and quirky.

I'm ridiculously happy with my current setup with Pantheon on 12.04. All the bits just seem to be working together for once. I couldn't believe that Plank actually properly supports Chrome webapps, totally without fuss.

Clean and with some windows open in a highly improbable arrangement.

Edit: Oh, DobsonM, what's that panel you're using? Is that a Cinnamon arrangement?
    No it is a slightly edited gnome shell theme, Sud http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&se...q=Sud#/d5ooker

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Copper Bezel View Post
    I was actually able to do that with Docky when I was test-running Peppermint OS... a Lubuntu-based distro that's centered on web apps. Granted, not all the web apps I ran were Chrome apps, but I had them made in Ice and dragged them from where the .desktop files were into Docky with no fuss.

That aside, I have another screenshot of my Arch Linux install.

Full-size screenshots here:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...rch2rosa-2.jpg

This is largely the same desktop as in the previous screenshot, except for maybe a tweak or two to the desktop. Aside from a few Docky additions (that aren't seen due to the ROSA Launcher), I'm now running ROSA Launcher instead of Takeoff Launcher. As nice of an app launcher as Takeoff Launcher is, it still lacks the ability to shutdown/logoff/suspend directly from the launcher, unlike Kickoff, Lancelot, and ROSA Launcher. To me, that's a crucial feature.

On top of that, this is the latest stable vanilla ROSA Launcher, which comes with a solid background image. I disabled the background, preferring my translucent Plasma widget theme, and I recolored the Lock and Shutdown buttons to match my Hatsune Miku theme.

Tweaking sure is fun... and is the real beauty of most Linux DE's.

note: I also included my previous screenshot to illustrate KWin's Blur effect on transparent Plasma widgets and windows

Computer: Desktop
    Distro: Arch Linux
    Desktop Environment: KDE Plasma 4.9.5
    Plasma Theme: Amakage (from KDE-Look)
    Window Theme: Oxygen Transparent (from AUR)
    Color Scheme: Obsidian Miku (modified from Obsidian Coast)
    Left Wallpaper: custom-made Vocaloid 2 "Hatsune Miku Collage 1" (16:9 version)
    Right Wallpaper: custom-made Vocaloid 2 "Hatsune Miku Collage 2" (16:10 version)
    Icons: Oxygencolors v6.2 (Cyan color)
    Dock: Docky ... features include: Anchor logo removed using gconf, Custom launchers for ROSA Launcher, Plasma Activities, Dolphin, and link to my Zelda fanfiction... all with custom icons, all pre-made before dropping into Docky
    Special Features: Dual displays; ROSA Launcher (with recolored Lock/Shutdown icons and no background image) (from AUR)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by viperdvman; February 6th, 2013 at 09:12 AM.
    Don't like Unity? Hate it? Not your cup of coffee? Ubuntu does provide choices. There's GNOME Shell, KDE Plasma, Xfce, LXDE, and now MATE and Cinnamon. Take your pick

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

DobsonM, thanks for the clarification. Very cool - it's getting hard to tell user-modified Shell from the 50 different Mutter forks in play right now. = ) But it's very attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by viperdman
    I was actually able to do that with Docky when I was test-running Peppermint OS... a Lubuntu-based distro that's centered on web apps. Granted, not all the web apps I ran were Chrome apps, but I had them made in Ice and dragged them from where the .desktop files were into Docky with no fuss.
    Yeah, and Plank is a Docky fork. It used to work with DockBarX and Unity, I think, but Chrome changed their handling of webapps, the windows identified themselves differently, and the docks couldn't tell them apart again.

With Plank (and presumably Docky) now, it's as simple as going to Chrome's menu to create an "application shortcut" for the "applications menu," running the app, and pinning it to the dock - no command line or file managing involved - although I still edit the .desktop files to make the icons Faenza instead of the default favicon. = ) (Oh, and I should say, that works whether or not the site is a Chrome webapp.)

As nice of an app launcher as Takeoff Launcher is, it still lacks the ability to shutdown/logoff/suspend directly from the launcher, unlike Kickoff, Lancelot, and ROSA Launcher. To me, that's a crucial feature.
    Yeah, I'm used to having a Quit menu indicator, but I like that Synapse offers session actions, too. I guess it was not so bad all those years of Windows putting Shut Down in the Start menu. = )

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Playing with Manjaro XFCE... Really nice!
    The conky is an old script that I had somewhere, I think I got it from the .conkyrc thread at UbuntuForums.

Click to see in full 1366x768 resolution

Catbuntu Manjarcat
    Catbuntu (blog)
    CPU→Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2,00GHz. RAM3GB. Graphics card→NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS. O.S.→Ubuntu 14.04 «Trusty Tahr» 64 bit
    [TPI Blog | TPI GitHub ]

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

linux Mint 14 kde

just a messing.
    nice O/S faster at loading wireless Internet than Ubuntu 12.04 lts, which can be a pain .
    yes i'm a nood

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

"Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Hidden!

I Like the Wallpaper!

Here's Mine.
    Raring Ringtail daily build.(Very Nice by the way)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post
    nVidia rulez!

Looks Great! Would Love to see those temps been around 18 F to
    We made it to 27 F Today but the Inversion Sucks. SLC Ut

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast