Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 289

Thread: Fabulous February's Screenshot thread

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Beans
    119
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Fabulous February's Screenshot thread

    Quote Originally Posted by montag dp View Post
    Nice desktop. I'm curious what KDE theme that is, or if it's your own. (That is KDE, right?) I've only found 1 or 2 good themes for non-transparent panels, and I like that color.
    Thanks ;D Yes, it is pure KDE and Kwin. My own personal layout, which came from preferring the ambiance and Ubuntu layout, but not really caring for the Unity Dock or App menu layout, so consequently moving to another DE.

    The theme is "ambiance" which you can get in the "get new desktop themes" dialog.

    After which i kinda just contorted and moved panels around and junk, and using Cairo-dock.
    Last edited by Jakin; February 4th, 2013 at 11:17 PM.
    Toshiba Satellite L875-s7230 / A6 2.7ghz dual-core piledriver w/ ATI Radeon HD 7520G / 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 RAM / 500 GB Seagate Momentus XT formatted JFS. >Wifi Drivers for this machine< My Deviant Screenshots

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    WI USA
    Beans
    9,501
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Fabulous February's Screenshot thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Euroman View Post
    Virtual Debian Wheezy beta4 with Gnome classic or fallback.
    It's Alive ! It's Alive !
    Infinite diversity in infinite combination.

    Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Manual

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Beans
    87

    Re: Fabulous February's Screenshot thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jakin View Post
    Thanks ;D Yes, it is pure KDE and Kwin. My own personal layout, which came from preferring the ambiance and Ubuntu layout, but not really caring for the Unity Dock or App menu layout, so consequently moving to another DE.

    The theme is "ambiance" which you can get in the "get new desktop themes" dialog.

    After which i kinda just contorted and moved panels around and junk, and using Cairo-dock.
    Ah, I see. Thanks. I forgot I had tried the Ambiance theme already but got rid of it because I like to have the bar on the left side of the screen, and with the Ambiance theme the panel looks a little funny when it's on the side. One half of it is darker looking than the other.

    Here's my KDE setup, currently using the Fushigi theme and Cairo dock.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Beans
    119
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Fabulous February's Screenshot thread

    Quote Originally Posted by montag dp View Post
    Ah, I see. Thanks. I forgot I had tried the Ambiance theme already but got rid of it because I like to have the bar on the left side of the screen, and with the Ambiance theme the panel looks a little funny when it's on the side. One half of it is darker looking than the other.

    Here's my KDE setup, currently using the Fushigi theme and Cairo dock.
    Nice Of course the best thing about KDE, is the customizing options, to the point we can make it look pretty much anyway we desire, and even mimic other DE if we so choose.
    Toshiba Satellite L875-s7230 / A6 2.7ghz dual-core piledriver w/ ATI Radeon HD 7520G / 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 RAM / 500 GB Seagate Momentus XT formatted JFS. >Wifi Drivers for this machine< My Deviant Screenshots

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Beans
    87

    Re: Fabulous February's Screenshot thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jakin View Post
    Nice Of course the best thing about KDE, is the customizing options, to the point we can make it look pretty much anyway we desire, and even mimic other DE if we so choose.
    One thing I liked about Unity was the global menu. I just found out you can get KDE to behave the same way! Who knew? You just need to install plasma-widget-menubar and appmenu-gtk (the latter to make it work with GTK programs).

    This is just FYI, of course, but it makes me happy. I distro-hopped for awhile but I think I've definitely settled on KDE-based for the foreseeable future. I really like the configurability, and in my experience KDE apps and utilities just work better without as much fiddling. Okay, I'll step off the soap box now.

    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Beans
    32

    Re: Fabulous February's Screenshot thread


  7. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Indiana, United States
    Beans
    734

    Re: Fabulous February's Screenshot thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Euroman View Post
    Virtual Debian Wheezy beta4 with Gnome classic or fallback.
    Nice simple wallpaper.
    Whoever came up with the phrase "There is no such thing as a stupid question" obviously never had the internet.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Beans
    89
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

    Re: Fabulous February's Screenshot thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DobsonM View Post
    Very nice looking desktop

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Beans
    119
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Fabulous February's Screenshot thread

    Quote Originally Posted by montag dp View Post
    One thing I liked about Unity was the global menu. I just found out you can get KDE to behave the same way! Who knew? You just need to install plasma-widget-menubar and appmenu-gtk (the latter to make it work with GTK programs).

    This is just FYI, of course, but it makes me happy. I distro-hopped for awhile but I think I've definitely settled on KDE-based for the foreseeable future. I really like the configurability, and in my experience KDE apps and utilities just work better without as much fiddling. Okay, I'll step off the soap box now.

    Indeed, i quite like the KDE global menu, i use it myself
    Toshiba Satellite L875-s7230 / A6 2.7ghz dual-core piledriver w/ ATI Radeon HD 7520G / 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 RAM / 500 GB Seagate Momentus XT formatted JFS. >Wifi Drivers for this machine< My Deviant Screenshots

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Beans
    32

    Re: Fabulous February's Screenshot thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ACubed10 View Post
    Very nice looking desktop
    Thanks

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •