Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Evasi0n

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Beans
    89
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Evasi0n

    How many of you used Evasi0n to jailbreak your iOS device on Ubuntu?!

    Currently running mine right now

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Cinnamon land
    Beans
    368
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Evasi0n

    Link for the curious (along with many other sites) http://www.webupd8.org/2013/02/jailb...ces-under.html
    My iPod is still on 4.x so I need to update it first and can't be bothered atm...
    Ubuntu Manual - Webupd8 - Cinnamon! - Synapse
    Some just want to watch the world LEARN


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Beans
    1

    Talking Re: Evasi0n

    I did, and it worked perfectly!



    Oh, and make sure you have libimobiledevice and all those packages you need to get your iDevice recognized on Ubuntu
    Last edited by shifattk; February 5th, 2013 at 03:37 AM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Beans
    89
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Evasi0n

    Quote Originally Posted by shifattk View Post
    I did, and it worked perfectly!



    Oh, and make sure you have libimobiledevice and all those packages you need to get your iDevice recognized on Ubuntu
    Worked perfectly for me as well. Nice seeing support for Linux with a bunch of programs I have installed lately

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Beans
    0

    Re: Evasi0n

    what exactly do i need to run it? i'm using Ubuntu 12.04, i unzipped the .tar file and tried to double click the .x86 file but nothing happened. what else do i need to do?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Beans
    1

    Re: Evasi0n

    Quote Originally Posted by dcboi83 View Post
    what exactly do i need to run it? i'm using Ubuntu 12.04, i unzipped the .tar file and tried to double click the .x86 file but nothing happened. what else do i need to do?

    Strange... I got my copy in a .zip file.


    Anyway, make sure you are running the correct version of the program - if you have 64bit, then run evasi0n.x86_64, if you have 32bit, run evasi0n.x86.

    Another way would be opening the shell script included in the archive, then choosing run in terminal (you won't have to use the terminal, but don't close it)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Rochdale
    Beans
    55
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Evasi0n

    I couldnt get it to work either something to do with the version of GTK2 that 12.04 runs i eventually installed it via ppa and it works fine.
    Heres the link if anyone wants to install it via a repository.
    http://www.noobslab.com/2013/02/inst...6-utility.html
    Hope this helps.
    Nothings foolproof as fools are so ingenious!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Beans
    89
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Evasi0n

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
    I couldnt get it to work either something to do with the version of GTK2 that 12.04 runs i eventually installed it via ppa and it works fine.
    Heres the link if anyone wants to install it via a repository.
    http://www.noobslab.com/2013/02/inst...6-utility.html
    Hope this helps.
    Hmm I didn't have any troubles at all on 12.04. Are you up to date?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Beans
    21

    Re: Evasi0n

    Jailbreaking on Ubuntu :O

    This would be great news if I wasn't runnign an Android device now. Gave up my iOS a year ago ):

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Beans
    89
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Evasi0n

    Quote Originally Posted by S Hartwell View Post
    Jailbreaking on Ubuntu :O

    This would be great news if I wasn't runnign an Android device now. Gave up my iOS a year ago ):
    Only good thing about an android phone now is the possibility of someone porting Ubuntu to your device lol :O gonna start a flame war

    Har har

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •