Thread: Increse Number of Line Characters

Beans

Increse Number of Line Characters

How do I increase the number of characters in a line for Thunderbird 3.0.4?

I have it set at 60 right now. I need to increase so that I can display the full width of the results of smartctl with out it wrapping.

Hard to read!

Tom

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Increse Number of Line Characters

I see you have searched on the mozilla support site forum and got an answer for more up-to-date TB 17. Is that also the case for your version, 3.0.4?

In case you are still a bit confused here is a screenshot showing the preferences boxes from TB 17, which may help you in tye right direction.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 14.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo

Beans

OK I found it. I see "This Might Void Your Warranty" "Changing ... can be harmful .... only continue if you are sure" Not sure!

I found:
    Preference Name....................Status...Type.....Value
    mail.compose.wrap_to_window_width;.Default..boolea n..false

Is that what I need to change? Change value to true?

Anyway to specify the number of characters per line?

Beans
    Hidden!

Yes, I think that's the setting you need to change to true by double clicking on it, which is how you toggle false/true. It is not one of the values that would ever be likely to stop TB from working, so give it a try to see if it does what you want after restarting TB.
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 14.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by borgward View Post
    OK I found it. I see "This Might Void Your Warranty" "Changing ... can be harmful .... only continue if you are sure" Not sure!
    I think more importantly is the question: how did you get a warranty on free software?
    "If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error." -John Kenneth Galbraith, Economist